Saturday, June 29, 2013

An Experience of a Family

AN EXPERIENCE OF A FAMILY

I joined the Laity of the Order of Preachers (Dominicans) in 1986.  I attended all chapter meetings as well as recollections, retreats and conventions.  What overwhelmed me most was the celebration of the Feast of Saint Catherine of Siena and the Feast of Saint Dominic where the Dominican Family gathered together in one accord to worship God.

Through recollections, retreats and conventions, I learned that one should have a strong spiritual life that acts as the impulse of apostolic activity.  To be truly apostolic, one should have constant consciousness of being in God’s presence.

Hence, as a lay Dominican, I learned to share in the prayers, penances and good works of all lay Dominicans.  Sanctification grew in me through a way of life recommended by the Church and proven effective by many men and women now counted among the saints and the blessed.

Simply said, I experienced the solidarity of one of the great universal families in the Church.


ABOUT THE SHARER:

SOPHIA BAYLON, OP is a member of the Dominican laity.


KEYWORDS:

OP Laity, OP Family, Solidarity, Special

No comments:

Post a Comment